English-speaking expats frequently find work teaching English in Barcelona. Most schools will supply you the intent to employ so you can secure a visa. Note that it is difficult to find teaching work from the end of June until mid-September. August is the worst as many Catalans are on vacation and the entire work climate slows.
- International house: www.ihes.com/bcn
- Metropol: www.bcnmetropol.com
- Monkey Business English: www.monkeybusinessenglish.com
- Fluency Idiomas: www.fluencyidiomas.com
- American School of Barcelona: www.a-s-b.com
- Callan School of English: www.callanschool.info
- English Teachers Collective – ETC: www.etcspain.com
Complete information for teaching English can be found under “Adverts and Recruitment”.
There are no “working holiday visas” for temporary workers in Spain. EU citizens are free to work, but there are rarely short-term visas for workers outside of the EU.
For more information on visas, consult the section on Passport and visas.