Descripción del trabajo
Portier Technologies is seeking a part-time passionate and eager reporter to join our small, successful editorial team. This is a great opportunity for a deadline-driven writer to join a fast-growing digital start-up with a strong travel focus. In the role, you will support the Barcelona-based editorial team in launching and updating Spanish city guides.
This job is ideal for students and fresh graduates looking to launch a career in digital journalism or hospitality. Preference will be given to those with an eye for photography and candidates with a passion for food, travel, and culture.
Working from our light-filled office in Eixample, you will be tasked with:
– Writing reviews of restaurants, art galleries, shops in more in English along with translating English reviews into Spanish.
– Researching new art galleries, bars, restaurants, and must-dos. This task is done face-to-face, or over the phone with people and venues, so good phone manner and willingness to be chatty with strangers are pluses.
– Fact checking venue hours, phone numbers, Web addresses and details to assist Barcelona editor and Bangkok-based managing editor.
– Database management including uploading content to our content management system (CMS), maintaining contact lists and photo libraries.
– Managing and owning projects is a core requirement along with an enthusiastic, responsible work ethic. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and excited about all that Barcelona has to offer.
We are looking for a candidate to commit to 20 hours a week working in the mornings Monday to Friday with some flexibility. Previous professional experience a plus.
Portier Technologies is a technology and hospitality startup that offers customized 4G cell phones for luxury hotel properties around the globe. From the tech side, the phones allow the hotel to connect to their guests at any time within the hotel or while they’re exploring the city. Editorially, the devices also provide guests with access to the best and most useful cultural and local entertainment coverage, written and curated exclusively for the well-traveled guest and updated daily by local experts.
To apply, please reply via email a one paragraph bio of what sets you apart, a resume and a 150-word review of your favorite art gallery, museum or bar in Barcelona.